Monday, August 27, 2012

Two kinds of trouble.

 
Poster image for 'Becky Shaw'
Created by SullivanPerkins
Every day I read the news and I think “Wow! What news! An actress showed her boobs in a photo shoot when we've all seen her boobs multiple times in several movies! Oh … and something going on in one of the Koreas… but back to the news on this actress and her boobs! No way! Two musicians wore the SAME DRESS SOMEPLACE?”

An idea expressed in Becky Shaw is the idea of “Two kinds of trouble.” "Sexy" and "Not sexy".

I’m baffled at the idea that someone COULD be telling me the truth but instead they offer me up this sexy fiction because “That’s what people want.” Is it what we want or is it what we are offered?

I’m sad to see paper- “newspapers” go by the wayside… not for any nostalgic purposes but simply because the internet allows for so many more irrelevant pieces of information to pollute my brain and stress me out.

Of course I want to stay informed but I also know that bad news sells more than good news. Sexy news will always win out. And truth will have to out itself.

It all seems to go back to money. Why take a gamble on an uncomfortable truth when a sexy irrelevance is a sure thing?

Last week, I happened upon a brief synopsis of Becky Shaw in a "Fall arts Catalogue" courtesy of one of our local press machines. This synopsis states that Becky Shaw is about an older woman with MS who dates a younger, less distinguished man.

Come see us open September 7th 2012 and decide for yourself if that's what this play is about... (It could also be that whoever wrote that only read the first 10 pages... but I suppose it could be about a woman with MS...)

Finally: I have attached a piece of sexy news and a piece of non-sexy news for your viewing pleasure/stress...





http://www.examiner.com/article/seismic-storm-continues-7-3-el-salvador-quake-follows-sunday-s-southland-swarm

No comments:

Post a Comment